Energy Efficient Upgrades for Apartments
Upgrades to apartments range widely but none may be more beneficial to both the landlord or property owner and the renter than the investment into energy efficient systems and products. It saves the property owner money on utility costs while also helping to ensure the safety and satisfaction of the renter. And, when it comes to having a location that’s competitive enough to attract the best renters, advertising energy efficient upgrades really makes sense.
Where Should You Put Your Investment Dollar?
Energy efficient upgrades for apartments can range widely. They can be as extensive as you would like them to be or as low cost as needed. Some ideal options include the following:
- Lighting is an easy upgrade that can reduce costs and improve the overall appeal of any area. The investment in LED
lights or high efficiency lighting is always positive. For patio areas, select solar powered upgrades.
- Energy efficient appliances are an excellent option for upgrading. The replacement of more efficient stoves, air conditioning systems, heating systems, refrigerators, washers, and dryers can significantly reduce costs while also helping to protect the environment.
- The installation of a programmable thermostat is another good way to reduce costs and reduce overall electricity use. It can also help to keep a home more comfortable for those living there.
- Upgrade windows. Every renter appreciates having access to energy efficient windows. They look nice, but they are also better sealed and prevent energy loss throughout the year (winter heat and summer cooling).
- Add more insulation to the property. Even in larger apartment complexes, the addition of insulation in hallways, within apartments, and in roofing areas can reduce costs and improve overall comfort in any room. It is a good idea to consider insulation whenever you are changing the layout of the space or doing any type of major renovation.
There are many positive reasons to choose energy efficient upgrades for your next apartment complex. They can save you and the renter money on utility costs. They can speed up your overall ability to rent spaces because renters want to live in a community that’s environmentally conscious. And, of course, you are doing something good for the environment. These types of upgrades do not have to cost more or take more time to implement either. And, they last just as long. It simply makes sense to focus on energy efficiency.
Call us today at 646.455.3321 to talk to us about your project!